Check out a modular water system for Unity that lets you simulate oceans, seas, rivers, lakes, and more.
The system is meant for PC/console platforms and standard rendering. There's also a URP version available.
The developer noted that water rendering uses physical approximation for lighting/wave simulation and supports such physical parameters as wind power, turbidity, transparency, dispersion, and more.
- GPU waves simulation with multiple cascades (to avoid tiling)
- Physical approximation of lighting (volumetric lights and shadows, absorption, scattering, caustic)
- Physical approximation of reflections using fast screen space projected reflections, camera planar reflections, baked and real-time reflection probes.
- Physical approximation of refraction in screen space with dispersion (using water IOR)
- Physical approximation of caustic relative to water depth and waves (with dispersion).
- Underwater effect with partial submersion