The new company has already secured a $100 million investment from Crossfire studio Smilegate.
A team of industry veterans from well-known studios including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Sony's Santa Monica Studio, EA, and Bungie revealed they launched a new AAA studio called That's No Moon.
The company has managed to secure a $100 million investment from Crossfire studio Smilegate to develop the first title which is described as a story-driven action-adventure game.
Taylor Kurosaki will be leading the project as creative director (previously worked as narrative design lead at Naughty Dog and studio narrative director at Infinity Ward). Jacob Minkoff is the team's game director (former lead game designer on the Last of Us and design director of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare).
Among other team members are:
- Michael Mumbauer (CEO, ex head of PlayStation's Visual Arts Group)
- Tina Kowalewski (chief strategy officer, current EVP and board member of Giant Squid and ex director of product development at Sony's Santa Monica Studio)
- Nick Kononelos (COO, former senior development director at EA)
- Barry Genova (CTO, formerly foundation engineering lead at Bungie)
- George Allison (CFO, former head of finance for the Global Services Division at PlayStation)
The studio will be based in Los Angeles and San Diego, and they plan to employ nearly 100 by 2022. They describe their vision as "creating unforgettable stories and characters that will define and extend beyond medium."
You can find their website here. Don't forget to join our new Reddit page, our new Telegram channel, our Discord, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.