I am very impressed! It is easy to see you are on your way to a well-deserved wonderful future.
An absolutely great read, thank you for this. Really lays a foundation on how to go about the learning process.
Hi Matthew and Mr VFX, I’m currently researching this topic of decomposing images into shading and reflectance layers. I would love to learn about what you are trying to use this for to learn more about applications for this technology.
Somehow we’ve missed this awesome new trailer, which showcases the amazing features of Godot 3.0. The open source engine got a bunch of new additional features. This project is entirely open coursed and is financed through Patreon. Great to see this technology developing and moving into this new direction. The 3d render looks awesome!
Here’s a list of some of the features:
– Brand new 3D renderer featuring physically-based rendering, real-time global illumination, nd improved post-processing effects
– Support for C++ (GDNative), C# (Mono) and Visual Scripting
– Improved HTML5 export using WebAssembly
– New high-level networked multiplayer API
– Entirely new audio engine, supporting routing and real-time effects
– 2D soft shadows and GPU-accelerated particles (2D & 3D)
More details on the official website. Give Godot a shot if you’re tired of the current engine you’re using.