The new version adds a long-awaited Retargeting feature and brings the ability to import custom characters.
Rokoko has released Rokoko Studio 2.4, a new and improved version of the company's motion capture data-processing and 3D animation software.
The highlight of the release is the newly-added Retargeting feature, which enables one to retarget animations in real-time directly in Rokoko Studio. Designed to "help you visualize your motion capture on other meshes", the new feature allows you to retarget your Actor to a custom character, either the live motion or in recorded clips.
Another notable feature is the ability to import Custom Characters into your scenes, with the feature allowing you to import .fbx files, with one character project file, and supporting multiple bonemap formats. According to the developer, the feature is currently restricted to the pay-to-use version of the software, requiring a Plus Plan.
Rokoko Studio 2.4 also features:
- The ability to duplicate any existing scene, also setting it to a different project or team member as creator.
- The ability to enable UDP Trigger Messages to send and receive notifications when you start and stop recording.
- You can select VRChat and VMC data protocols in the Custom livestreaming settings. This is still experimental and needs additional testing.
- You can now see and sort by most recently edited/updated scenes in the Dashboard.
- You can now see all projects and scenes created by any team member and add scenes to the same project.
- A zoom-level slider has been added to the Timeline.
- New iClone export skeleton preset (adds and uses a new relaxed T-pose that's compatible with iClone).
- And more.