Go grab Unity’s pack with tools and workflow for digital human production.
The Demo Team from Unity has shared the technologies they’ve used for The Heretic production. With the pack, you will get a complete data pipeline with all tools that you can use in your project. Please, note that this pack goes under a license for educational and non-commercial purposes only. The attribution to Unity is also required.
Here are the pack’s details:
1. Facial Animation Systems
- Tools for 4D clip import and processing.
- 4D clip rendering with timeline integration.
- 4D frame fitting, allowing detail injection from the facial rig.
- Integration of facial rig from Snappers.
- Pose facial rig directly in Unity
2. Skin Attachment System
- Drive meshes and transforms in relation to dynamically deforming skin.
- Used to drive eyebrows, eyelashes, stubble, and logical markers.
- Accelerated by C# Job System and Burst Compiler.
3. Shaders and rendering
- Full shader graphs for skin/eyes/teeth/hair as seen in The Heretic.
- Custom pass for cross-material normal buffer blur (tearline).
- Custom marker-driven occlusion for eyes and teeth.
The pack also includes the character Gawain. The character is available for learning, research, and non-commercial use.
Get the pack for free on Unity Asset Store.