What's inside this gold bar?
Apple’s new Mac Pro starts at $5,999 but you can get the most powerful Mac for $52,599, if you want to, of course. What power does such a price tag bring?
- Base price: $5,999 (the entry-level pricу)
- Processor: a 28-Core, 2.5GHz Intel Xeon W with 28 cores, 56 threads, and Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz (a $7,000 add-on)
- RAM: 1.5TB of 2933MHz RAM (12 128GB user-replaceable slot for $25,000)
- SSDs: 4TB of SSD storage (two 2TB SSDs for $1,400)
- GPU: two AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo graphics card modules for $10,800
- Afterburner accelerator card for $2,000
- Wheels for the Mac Pro for $400
- Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse (included at no extra cost in an exclusive silver / black color scheme that’s unique to buyers of the Mac Pro)
- Magic Trackpad (silver / black color scheme for an extra $50)
- $52,599 in total
What is more, you can get an Apple’s Pro Display XDR monitor which starts at $4,999, and there's a matte “nano-texture” glass option for $5,999.
What do you think about this option? Discuss the crazy setup in the comments below.