Arash Arefnia, an environment artist, has shared a tutorial that covers workflow with Lumen and Nanite.
The course has 37 hours of content, prepared by Arash Arefnia, Environment and Texture Artist.
Tools used in the tutorials: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Substance 3D Designer, Adobe Substance 3D Painter, Unreal Engine 4, ZBrush.
"I felt like there should be a tutorial that not only covers the technical side of things but also explains an artistic vision. We'll work on composition, color theory, and discuss timeless techniques that apply to any form of visual art.", comments Arash.
The key topics you'll hear about in this course:
- Defining the meaning of Environment Artist and the role that an Environment Artist has in a project
- Importance of planning for a project from reference gathering to generate questions that will help you finalize your scene
- Importance of fundamentals of art like composition, shape, color
- Setting up a strong content structure for the project
- Using Nanite to generate high-quality meshes and forget about polygon count
- Setting up a basic modularity system to help generate content faster
- Different approaches for generating content