This is beautiful, great work. Would love to walk around in this city
Wow, I am 22 years and self thought still trying to be a good artist, I am using blender in a country where no one cares. Thanks a lot for this inspiring article. I am not as good as this, you are very good.
Awesome. Really great tips for beginners like me to start working correctly.
If you work with photogrammetry, you’ve probably heard about 3DF Zephyr. It’s a very cool automatic tool, which stitches together hundreds of photos into a full 3d model. Here’s a little video, that shows the process.
A couple of days ago this software got a very nice update 3.500, which is detailed in the official press release.
What’s new in this release?
This release focused in merging major technology improvements that have been developed for a while in our office. With the addition of our hyperplane matching technology in our MvS pipeline, 3DF Zephyr is now even more accurate than ever. The same can be said about our texturing algorithm, that has been improved a lot as well as other many internal optimizations.
3DF Zephyr is the complete photogrammetry software solution, and with v3.500, it’s even more complete than ever!
As usual, we also improved our existing tools and added a lot of new important features as well: being able to export texture in exr/tiff has been one of the most requested features in the last few months, and we’re happy to have that too in v.3500!
Other tools worth mentioning are the fan-favourite frames extraction from video (that has been improved witha better UI), a new shader system (you can also write your own shaders, too!), full unicode support, the possibility to add a camera via control points (Pro/Aerial only) and much, much more!
The full changelog of Zephyr 3.500 is the following:
• Structure from Motion improvements
• Multiview stereo significant improvements
• Added Hyperplane matching
• MVS Final voting phase speed-up
• Texturing improvements
• New shader system with custom shader editor for mesh and textured meshes
• Improved frames extraction from video
• Improved 4k UI support
• Added 4k video export support
• Added manual orient single camera from 3 control points (3DF Zephyr Pro and 3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
• Added orthophoto generation in tiles (Pro/Aerial only)
• Added kmz – LOD export
• Added Full Unicode support (also file loading and object names)
• Added CAD drawing from a single image (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
• Added drawing elements layers (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
• Added drawing elements import from txt (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
• Added polyline drawing preview in 3D window (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
• Added revit plugin (experimental) (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
• Added Autopath creation from all cameras in animation
• Added experimental bundle adjustment with terrain assumption (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
• Added two new point cloud filters (noise/distance, plane fitting)
• Texture can now be generated and exported in 16bit (exr) or 32bit (tiff)
You can get the full list of updates here on the official website.