Great job and very inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
Frankly I do not understand why we talk about the past of this CEO. As a player I do not care about what he did or not until his games are good. As an Environmental Artist instead I see a game with a shaky graphics. It is completely without personality, emotion and involvement. It can hardly be considered acceptable especially for the 2019 platforms (which I understand will be the target of this game). Well, this is probably an indie group, with no experience facing a first game in the real market. And that's fine. Do the best you can that even if you fail, you will learn and do better. From a technical point of view the method you are using is very old. It can work but not as you are doing it. I bet you're using Unity, it's easy to see that since I see assets from their asset store. Break your landscapes more, they are too monotonous and contact real 3D artists and level designers. One last thing, the last screenshot is worse than all the previous ones. The lights are wrong and everything screams disaster. Avoid similar disasters in the future.
But are they real or is it a mockery? or a scam? Truly horrible flat graphics and lacking a real sense of aesthetics. Ui devoid of consistency and usability. Do they really have a graphic art department? Imho in 2018 using such tricks so massively denotes profound technical incompetence.
Game Editor is great place to start learning C programming and you will learn load about game creation and many other things:
- Want to design your own games, but don’t know where to begin? Get the answers in our forum!
- Want to make games for iPhone, iPad, Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, Windows Mobile-based Smartphones and GP2X? Just make the game and export to the desired platform!
- Want to see and change the source code of your game creator tool? You can edit it!
If Game Editor doesn’t have the feature you want, you can just make it by yourself! No need to worry about system issues or compatibility, no need to do anything other than come up with the ideas! Game developing has never been easier!
See the characteristics of our game programming software, and how you would go about creating your very own game. Discover how to add actors, paths and regions, and find out how to load images to your game.
- Event-driven development
- Propagate events to other actors
- Multiple levels in a single file
- Move the actor through complex maps (A* pathfinder)
- Helper actors
- Transparent actors
- Infinite actors
- Z-Depth control
- Clone and remove actors
- Multiple animations per actor
- Set parent actors
- Create actor paths
- Full screen or window mode
- Configurable resolution and frame rate
- Configurable audio format
- Control the view as the actors
- Tile draw tool
- Global and local scripts
- Global and Local Actor variables
- Periodic and Random timers
- Edit animations instantly in the editor of your choiceby clicking edit next to it
- Generate stand alone games for Windows, Pocket PC, Handheld PC, Smartphone, GP2X and Linux
- Load jpeg, gif, png, bmp, pcx, tga, xpm, xcf, lbm and tif image files
- Load Ogg Vorbis, wav, mid, mod, s3m, it and xm music files
- Load wav, voc, iff and 8SVX audio files
- Persistent multiple undo/redo levels