Whats new inside UNFOLD3D Generation 8
- New 64bit Unfolding core, that can unwrap very big meshes (up to a million triangles).
- Major improvment for “dirty Meshes” when importing OBJ. Now solve complex topology errors and write them into the OBJ files at export.
- Multi UV grid Pack. Each island are packed into the underlying square
- Multi UV grid Select. In island selection mode, a click into to square label selects all islands inside the square
- Multi UV grid Best Fit and Squarify. In island selection mode, the selected islands are best fitted / squared into the underlying square
- Select Borders : will select each edges of the frontiers of selected islands
- Select Similar Islands : will select other islands having the same topology
- Align points : will align the selected points (no constraints)
- Parallelize/Verticalize/Horitalize edges : On the selected edges (no constraints).
- Island Green Display : The green color now designates the islands that will be unfolded in the next click on “Unfold” button.
- Edges selection realy faster (up to 20 times faster…)
- The orientation of island in 3D are kept into UV when Packing (see the packing options dialog)
- A lot of work into the OSX version.
- Many bugs correction.
Unfold3D plugin is now included in standard into Maya 2015. The plug in contains the two main features of the standalone : Unfold and Optimize.