The update brings an improved Polygon to Triangle mesh conversion, dozens of noise presets, 2D & 3D UVW Randomizers, and more.
Autodesk has announced the release of 3ds Max 2023.3, a small update to the company's flagship modeling, rendering, and animation software.
The new update focuses on enhancing the application's performance by improving its Polygon to Triangle mesh conversion. According to the team, modifiers that need to convert data from Polygon to Mesh or Mesh to Polygon can see up to a 40% speed improvement, viewport performance can benefit up to 35%, and users can see a small boost in performance when their scene data is sent to an offline renderer.
The update also brings:
- The Organic Noise OSL map, which allows you to create organic-looking noise patterns by modulating and filtering OSL noises. The Organic Noise map ships with dozens of presets to quickly set up a variety of caustic, artistic, and abstract noises.
- 2D & 3D UVW Randomizer OSL maps that use a set of UVW coordinates and apply a random Scale, Offset, and Rotation to them.
- An updated version of 3ds Max's Autodesk Translation Framework importer, which now supports Catia V5-6R2022 and Alias 2023 models.
- Substance 2.4.9, which now supports Corona Renderer 8 and 9.
- MAXtoA 18.104.22.168 for Arnold 22.214.171.124, which introduces various bug fixes and improvements to Physical Material and Volume Material workflows.
- And more!