If you go for Unity and Biomes, as you wrote in your article, please do support Vegetation Studio Pro. Your work is awesome, can't wait to see it on the store.
Great breakdown of the process and optimization, thanks for sharing.
This article just not only provides great tools for level design. It's also useful vocabulary to express ideas with our team. https://xbeasts.blogspot.com/2018/12/Remove-Wall-Decals.html
Jonas Ronnegard has presented a new collection of 5 useful nodes for Substance Designer which can help you build better materials. Nodes and tutorial authored by Alexey Kudryavtsev.
– 5 Nodes for Substance Designer:
- Wetness mask – gradient mask which is based on height and AO. Allows you to dry out a surface with only a height map.
- Multi blend – allows you to blend multiple inputs without creating multiple blend nodes.
- Curvature Advanced – masks concave and/or convex areas of curvature map with the ability of extending, bluring and warping it.
- Direction mask – allows you to select and mask specific direction(s) of your surface, for example, flat/top/down/left/right through a normal or height map.
- Height level mask – allows you to split two height maps and gives you the ability to adjust the height level of one of them and also creates a mask for both.
– Example SBS Files.
You can get more details here.