We should talk more about this, all of us... I work multiple jobs in gaming and entertainment in general so I burn out once or twice a year and I need months to recover. Screw that.
That's really neat tool to have,leads me to dig dipper into pixel proccesor. Great job
@alex if i had to guess, they just finished two back-to-back AAA games in the same franchise and some people are seeing it as a good time to transition without burning bridges? aka business as usual?
Have you heard about a cool tool for spriting and pixel art called GraphicsGale? The free tool lets you preview your animations in real time while editing sprites, supports multiple layers to make drawing and editing your art easier, and more.
- Supports many formats, including .ico, .gif, .avi, .cur, .ani.
- Preview your animations in real time while editing sprites — no need to stop working to watch your animation.
- Use multiple layers to make drawing and editing your art easier.
- Onion skinning allows you to see both previous and next frames while your draw.
- Output your animation frames onto a single sprite sheet, output each frame to its own image file, or export the entire animation as a single .gif file. GraphicsGale’s export options are flexible enough to be compatible with any workflow.
- Create work from scratch, or use GraphicsGale’s TWAIN imaging support to import images from your scanner, camera, or other TWAIN-supported devices.
- GraphicsGale also has many pixel-art specific features to help you create your work quickly and easily, including palette control, selectively erasing colors, and tools for quickly replacing and trying new colors. Free download, and get creating.
You can find more details on the tool here.