Masataka Hakozaki has released an improved version of the Water Caustics Effect asset.
Game Developer Masataka Hakozaki, known to many for creating complex goldfish simulations, has released Water Caustics Effect for URP v2, a new and improved version of the creator's awesome asset that adds caustics for realistic underwater scenes in Unity.
The developer comments that the new version of the effect comes with 16 new features and 20 improvements, designed to simplify the working process and enable the artists to create beautiful caustics. The effect works with Universal Render Pipeline (URP) and supports Unity 2020.3 LTS or higher.
- Supports only URP (Universal Render Pipeline).
- Apply caustics effects using the camera's depth and normal textures.
- Support for VR.
- Support for Deferred rendering added in URP 12.0.
- Support for Forward+ rendering added in URP 14.0.
- All parameters are modifiable via script.
- It is also possible to apply individually by embedding Custom Function in shaders. Materials that are not rendered in depth textures, such as transparent textures, can be applied with this method. (Shader Graph, HLSL, and Amplify Shader Editor supported.)