Housemarque's Returnal dominated the ceremony taking home four prizes while It Takes Two and Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart both won two awards.
British Academy announced the winners of the BAFTA Games Awards 2022. Housemarque's sci-fi shooter Returnal was named Best Game and dominated the ceremony, taking home four out of a possible eight trophies. The title also received awards for Audio Achievement, Best Music, and Best Performer in a Leading Role for Jane Perry.
Hazelight's It Takes Two which was nominated for eight categories won two prizes: Best Original Property and Multiplayer. While accepting one of the trophies, the studio's founder and creative director Josef Fares noted that the award was expected. "But I don’t get a big head, don’t worry about it!" he said.
The other game that took two prizes was Insomniac's Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. It won Animation and Technical Achievement awards.
Here's the full list of this year's winners:
- Best Game – Returnal
- Best British Game – Forza Horizon 5
- Best Performer In A Leading Role – Jane Perry as Selene Vassos in Returnal
- Best Performer In A Supporting Role – Kimberly Brooks as Hollis Forsythe in Psychonauts 2
- EE Game Of The Year – Unpacking
- Best Narrative – Unpacking
- Best Evolving Game – No Man’s Sky
- Best Original Property – It Takes Two
- Best Multiplayer – It Takes Two
- Best Debut – TOEM
- Best Game Beyond Entertainment – Before Your Eyes
- Best Family Game – Chicory: A Colorful Tale
- Best Animation – Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Best Game Design – Inscryption
- The Artistic Achievement Award – The Artful Escape
- The Technical Achievement Award – Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- The Audio Achievement Award – Returnal
- Best Music – Returnal