Larian celebrated its The Game Awards wins.
Image credit: Larian Studios
This day has finally come: now Xbox Series X|S owners can play Baldur's Gate 3 on their consoles. Larian Studios announced the news right after The Game Awards 2023 where it won 6 nominations, including Game of the Year, Players' Voice, Best Role Playing Game, and Best Multiplayer Game.
Swen Vincke in his glorious armor had probably planned to tell the world about it during his acceptance speech, but he was asked to "wrap it up" right when he was about to honor the memory of Jim Southworth, the studio's Cinematic Animation Lead, who passed away in November. I guess that's the consequence of some guests having 8-minute-long speeches in the past, but hopefully, the TGA staff will be more considerate next year.
During TGA, Larian rolled out a small hotfix, which addressed several issues:
- Fixed a possible crash when leaving Act II.
- Fixed an exploit that let you buy out a trader with only 1 gold and a container.
- Fixed the total price on tooltips within containers not updating when the contents change while trading.
- Fixed balancing offers when bartering not working properly when there is a container in the offer with gold in it.
- Fixed empty bags sold to vendors costing the equivalent of the items that were stored in that bag.
- Improved performance in Baldur's Gate after peacefully resolving the Knights of the Shield situation on PS5.
The fixes follow the recent Patch 5, a sizeable update that added the long-awaited epilogue to BG3 along with a permadeath mode and a better inventory system.
Find the Xbox announcement here and join our 80 Level Talent platform and our Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, where we share breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.
You may find these articles interesting