Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
Please make the second floor..!! and if you've done it please tell me where can I find it...??!
Game Jobs: Character Artist at Rockstar
23 May, 2017
Rockstar North is seeking an exceptional Character Artist to join the team in Edinburgh. Are you passionate about making industry leading games? Do you have a few years of experience modeling, sculpting and texturing a diverse range of characters and creatures to console game specifications? Are you well versed in current game art production methodology and toolsets including cloth simulations, photogrammetry and physically based shader pipelines? It seems you are an ideal candidate! Don’t miss the chance.
- Works within Character art asset production for all of global titles.
- Works with Art Direction and Senior Artists to achieve task creative and production goals whilst working under own initiative.
- Work with the Character and Technical Art teams to create balanced, pragmatic and timely solutions to all related technical and aesthetic issues.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a sense of humour and passion for making great game art in a team setting.
- Ability to work with bespoke engine toolsets, defined asset workflows, and contribute to overall character department goals and working practices.
- Self-motivated and flexible, with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional digital sculpting skills and understanding of both human and creature anatomy; garment and clothing drapery and garment construction detailing; and clothing accessories, as they relate explicitly to specific real-world references and individual concepts, mood boards and directed styling cues.
- Excellent ability to use a PBR pipeline and tools for clean, organised and impactful texturing of assets.
- Consistent delivery of high quality art: on-spec and on-time.
- A comprehensive modelling and texturing portfolio showing 3D character art to a very high standard, with specific ability in the representation of realistic human anatomy and garments/drapery.
- Extensive experience using 3DStudio Max for 3D modelling and Photoshop for texturing.
- Exceptional sculpting ability in ZBrush and deep knowledge of related Marvellous Designer workflow for digital clothing production.
- A full understanding of all current generation production workflows as they pertain to character art asset production – including an understanding of PBR/Lighting pipelines and shader tools.
- A keen understanding of the human body and facial anatomy; form, structure and silhouette in respect of economical and appropriate modelling for game target assets and polycounts.
- Has a detail-obsessed eye for creating and manipulating texture maps and surface patterns, and excellent understanding of the value of UV space.
- Three or more years of development experience, ideally having shipped PS4/XBox One console titles as a character artist.
- An inherent appreciation and understanding of fashion and street style, and era-specific culture as they relate to costuming and dress.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to work in a self-directed manner and to make timely, well-thought out decisions.
- Great interpersonal skills. Must be able to work closely in a team setting and with other dependent departments.