Check out a collection of guides and tutorials from 3D artists for hard-surface project production. The compilation also includes a pack with ready-to-use assets.
Sci-Fi Suit Timelapse + Photoshop File
Check out a sci-fi suit time-lapse from Raf Grassetti.
The pack includes a timelapse, 1-hour video with no audio, showcasing the sculpting process in ZBrush and the Photoshop file with layers.
Decal Technique For Hard Surface Environment
Grab a detailed tutorial on the decal technique for hard-surface scenes.
The pack comes with 5-hour step by step video tutorial. 11 parts which will guide you through the creation process, from idea to game-ready model. Including such topic as Concept Stage, Creating Trim and Decal Sheet in NDo, Explaining Face Weighted Normals, Modeling Stage, Creating UE4 Project with Procedural Materials.
All source files are also included.
Model and Texture A Game Asset - Full Process
Learn the production of a game asset from Armored Colony.
- Using SubD modeling to create the High Resolution model.
- Converting out High Poly model into a Game-ready mesh.
- UV Mapping and getting the most out of our UV space.
- Baking Normal Maps with Substance Painter.
- Adding Textures and Decals with Substance Painter
- Using Marmoset Toolbag to Render out Sci-Fi Crate in realtime.
- Making a Holographic Animation inside of Toolbag.
Creating a Clean Futuristic Helmet with ZBrush
Check out a tutorial on how to make a futuristic helmet in ZBrush.
- Duration: over 5 hours of video recordings.
- Speed: Mixed (sculpting in ZBrush is time-lapsed while Rendering and Post are normal speed).
- Audio Commentary: Yes (English), sculpting in ZBrush has narration added on top and the rest has real-time commentary.
- Software used: ZBrush (sculpting), Keyshot (rendering), and Affinity Photo which is a Photoshop alternative (compositing and color correction).
- Additional Assets: Final 3D sculpt, Keyshot scene, ZBrush Goodies (matcaps, brushes, hotkeys, and UI).
Industrial Hard Surface KITBASH SUBD
As a bonus to this compilation, grab an industrial hard-surface kitbash from Evgeny Romanov.
- 94 individual parts
- .obj and .fbx + versions without ngons (ngons smooth more correctly)
- 3dsMax and Maya scenes with all geometry
- no UV mapping