Have a look at a system that lets you drag and drop Interactive water bodies that simulate interactive ripples and interactive caustics, free this September.
Another great thing is that waves interact with foliage, plus the system works with any material. IWS is a powerful solution for dynamic interactive water bodies in Unreal Engine 4. It will help you set up interactive fluids, interactive caustic lighting, collision, damage handling, and more. The developer states that the plugin is easy to use and it doesn't require complex setups.
- Unified dynamic water body system.
- Real-time fluid interaction with caustic reflection and refraction.
- Automatically interacts with any object, mesh, or even particle effect.
- Collision and damage particle effect spawning out of the box.
- Works with any material.
- Easy to set up, no restriction on body scale or number.
- Easy to customize in the editor or via blueprint.
- Optional full manual control over all system via blueprint or c++ events and overrides
- Underwater post-processing.
- Well optimized for a wide range of target hardware.
- Spline River Support with falls.
- Custom Mesh surface support.
- Physical Ripple Reflection.
You can learn more and get the pack here.