Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one. - earn to die
Very impressive work dude!
SeattleStyleLab is looking for 3D Environment Artists and in particular MATERIAL DESIGNERS. These guys will be responsible for building a vast library of 3D textures/materials to be utilized by our 3D artists in Substance Designer. Competitive compensation is promised, so if you’re looking for work and you know Substance Designer – this is your lucky chance.
Our Studio is looking for a 3D art professional with exceptional proficiency in authoring algorithmically generated textures (Substance Designer) that accurately represent a given physical product (for use in Substance Painter).
- Ability to make highly realistic, procedural/algorithmic (node-based) textures that are dynamically ‘tweakable’ for 3D artists (create materials with full control and variations)
- Ability to make tileable textures
- You are a Substance Designer whiz, and building pristinely accurate procedural materials is your jam.
- Familiarity with Vector Displacement mapping
- Material authoring – making textures editable (algorithmically generated textures)
- Professional with a portfolio that demonstrates a range of original algorithmic, photorealistic material/texture creation
- The ability to work within and across large, interdependent teams is a must, so the right person will have an implicit understanding of the balance needed between artistry, communication, and partnership.
- The candidate will create physically accurate, algorithmically generated, node-based materials (optimized for end use in web-based, real-time applications)
- Maintain consistently high standards for accuracy, aesthetics, and productivity
- Continuously improve workflows and processes
- 3-7+ years of applicable technical art experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of original algorithmic, photorealistic material/texture creation
- Must demonstrate an understanding of technical art production and end-to-end modeling, texturing, rendering workflows.
- A demonstrated mastery of Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- Must be familiar with Maya, ZBrush, and Photoshop
- Be able comfortable with visual pattern matching, troubleshooting, optimization and contributing in a meaningful way with highly visible deliverables that can ship with daily sprints.
- Be able to excel in a fast-paced collaborative studio environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Innovative and self-directed