SeattleStyleLab is looking for 3D Environment Artists and in particular MATERIAL DESIGNERS.
SeattleStyleLab is looking for 3D Environment Artists and in particular MATERIAL DESIGNERS. These guys will be responsible for building a vast library of 3D textures/materials to be utilized by our 3D artists in Substance Designer. Competitive compensation is promised, so if you’re looking for work and you know Substance Designer – this is your lucky chance.
Our Studio is looking for a 3D art professional with exceptional proficiency in authoring algorithmically generated textures (Substance Designer) that accurately represent a given physical product (for use in Substance Painter).
- Ability to make highly realistic, procedural/algorithmic (node-based) textures that are dynamically ‘tweakable’ for 3D artists (create materials with full control and variations)
- Ability to make tileable textures
- You are a Substance Designer whiz, and building pristinely accurate procedural materials is your jam.
- Familiarity with Vector Displacement mapping
- Material authoring – making textures editable (algorithmically generated textures)
- Professional with a portfolio that demonstrates a range of original algorithmic, photorealistic material/texture creation
- The ability to work within and across large, interdependent teams is a must, so the right person will have an implicit understanding of the balance needed between artistry, communication, and partnership.
- The candidate will create physically accurate, algorithmically generated, node-based materials (optimized for end use in web-based, real-time applications)
- Maintain consistently high standards for accuracy, aesthetics, and productivity
- Continuously improve workflows and processes
- 3-7+ years of applicable technical art experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of original algorithmic, photorealistic material/texture creation
- Must demonstrate an understanding of technical art production and end-to-end modeling, texturing, rendering workflows.
- A demonstrated mastery of Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- Must be familiar with Maya, ZBrush, and Photoshop
- Be able comfortable with visual pattern matching, troubleshooting, optimization and contributing in a meaningful way with highly visible deliverables that can ship with daily sprints.
- Be able to excel in a fast-paced collaborative studio environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Innovative and self-directed