A new financial milestone for Looking Glass Factory who’s working on the holographic light field display technology.
Looking Glass Factory announced that the company has reached $2M in its funding campaign on Kickstarter for its personal holographic display, Looking Glass Portrait.
While achieving this milestone, the company added a few technological features of the product, including:
- Expanded Onboard Storage. The Looking Glass Portrait will now include 16GB of storage instead of the originally planned 8GB.
- Built-In WiFi. Dubbed Marty McWiFi, all Looking Glass Portraits will now have built-in WiFi on ship, a feature that was previously not included in Standalone mode.
- Stereo Photo Support. HoloPlay Studio, one of Looking Glass Factory’s latest flagship software applications, will support direct conversion to hologram from a stereo photo pair via a Q3 2021 software update.
- Turntable Photography Support. HoloPlay Studio will also support upon its ship date direct conversion to hologram from 360-degree turntable video.
- Advanced Lighting and GIFs. Looking Glass Factory has added advanced dynamic lighting and animated GIF support to holographic photo editing.
- Record 3D App Support. Make your own holographic home movies and display them on your Looking Glass Portrait using the Record3D app (for compatible iPhone and iPad models).
Check the page on the Kickstarter website for more details. Don't forget to join our new Telegram channel, our Discord, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, latest news, awesome artworks, and more.