CGCircuit has announced its new extended course for Character Artists.
In this online course, you will learn how to create a realistic human body ready for production using ZBrush, Maya, and Adobe Substance 3D Painter.
You will be guided through human anatomy, the theory, and the names while creating the skeleton and the main muscles of the body one by one. In this way, you will start understanding the internal structure of the body for later applying this in any character. After having that anatomy base you will sculpt, retopo and texture the body, doing all the sculpting in ZBrush, retopology, and UVs in Maya, and the texturing in Substance 3D Painter.
"I have been working in 3D and design since 2011 for different industries as product design, experiential marketing, events, Interior architecture, and 3D visualization. Currently focusing on 3D character art, modeling, and asset creation for films and games.", adds Tomas.
To learn more about the mentor, you may check out the interview he did for Adobe Substance 3D Magazine.
This course has been designed for beginner and intermediate students with a passion for realism, anatomy, and the human body. This is the third of a series of tutorials where you will create a full 3D character ready for production. For this course, you will need to have a basic previous knowledge of ZBrush, Maya, and Substance 3D Painter.
Tools used: Maya, Substance 3D Painter, ZBrush 2021.
- Understanding of Human anatomy in 3D, including the skeleton and muscles systems.
- Ability to create an anatomically correct human body in ZBrush or any sculpting software without using scans or base meshes
- Ability to create an animatable topology ready for production
- Ability to create good sets of UVs
- Ability to create primary, secondary and tertiary details on a sculpt.
- Understanding of a texturing process using photo projections and more artistic approaches in Substance 3D Painter, but with techniques that can be applied also in Mari or other texturing software.
- Understanding of the entire workflow of character creation, not limited to the softwares used in the course.
After viewing this course, people can expect to be able to replicate a realistic human body using the same workflow used for film, TV production, games, and any high res metaverse platform. This is a key element in the process of getting a job as a Character Artist in the industry or just to make successful 3D character art pieces.
"I am a designer, 3D Character, and Asset Artist from Argentina working as a Modeler in Digital Domain 3.0. I love to work on realistic characters and I try to push my limits in each piece. One of my latest projects was the “Bedouin Elf ''. With this project, I was lucky enough to get it selected on the ZBrush Summit 2020 Highlights and that gave me a lot of exposure.
I am excited about sharing my workflow with you and helping you to get the first steps in this amazing world of character creation," adds Tomas.
This is the third course in the series on how to create a full 3D character ready for production. CGCircuit and Tomas Sackmann also prepared the courses: Concept Selection and Realistic Face with ZBrush and Mari. You may get the course here, and a full bundle of 3 courses for Character Artists there.