>Evangelion on TV I see you're man of the culture, Thomas :)
give me some names. Who's doing great environment work with Unity these days? I'd be happy to interview anyone who's showing some cool stuff!
guys post some article with unity most of your post are based on UE4
Quick-facts from the developers:
- Punch Club has been pirated 1.6 million times
- 1,137,000 times is for PC / Mac / Linux
- 514,000 times on Mobile
- 90% of mobile piracy is Android
It appears that China doesn’t care about localization – they will pirate the game anyway.
Develoeprs also took some time to estimate the % of people on that day that actually bought Punch Club in comparison with the amount of people that pirated it.
You can see Germany having the highest bought-rate, with United States and France following. We can definitely say localization into French and German paid off. However in absolute numbers it’s nothing.
Quick recap from tinyBuild and Lazy Bear Games:
- Punch Club appeared on torrents within hours of launch
- For every sale on PC there are 4 pirates
- For every Android sale there are 12 pirates
- For every iOS sale there are 2 pirates
In the end there were some revelations. Now the developers believe that they should have enabled cross-platofrm saves on launch. This way people who pirate the PC version may have converted better into buyers on mobile or vice-versa. Developers also found out that localizing games to Western European languages pays off, and has a very low piracy rate.
Source: official blog