UPBGE is very active - a fork of bge with enchanced phyiscs, rendering, and workflow additions. enchanced mesh editing w/ BVH_Tree_From_KX_MeshProxy() https://github.com/UPBGE
Setting the light in the Unreal Engine 4.20 is quite good, with many different types of lighting duck life
Stylish Water Shader 2.0 for Unity with many great features, I enjoyed this new application run 3
Have you already tried using World Creator 2? No? Then check out this video that roughly flies over the general feature set of the tool and gives you a good understanding on how to get started with a terrain and landscape generator.
An in-depth explanation of each feature can be expected in further tutorial videos which will be soon available on this channel.
Here’s the list of the World Creator’s features:
- Realtime Terrain Generation (move sliders, change settings and see in realtime how they affect the terrain) which works even for 8192 by 8129 pixels heightmaps
- Fully GPU powered
- Landscape Generation (populate your terrain with objects such as trees, grass, stones, towns, and whatever you can think of)
- Realtime Erosion and Sedimentation filters
- Sync Tool allows to move your terrain quickly over to Unity and Unreal
- Many assets such as PBR textures, trees from SpeedTree, stones, grass, flowers, etc.
- Realtime Masking for terrain surface, textures, objects, roads, ivers, etc.
- Unlimited heightmap resolution support (no more restrictions – crreate heightmaps as large as you want – the only limit is your SSD / HDD)
- Roads and Rivers Tools
- Terrain filters (Erosion, Mountain, Ridged, Hills, Terrace, Canyon, Alien, Rocky, Desert, Minecraft, etc.)
- Ability to create your own terrain filters
- Export capablities (OBJ, RAW 8, RAW 16, RAW 32, PNG, JPG, FBX, BMP, GeoTIFF, TIF) – export heightmaps, masks (terrain, textures, objects, roads, rivers, seas), heatmaps, splatmaps, colormaps, XML files for your objects
- Import capabilities (OBJ, RAW 8, RAW 16, RAW 32, PNG, JPG, FBX, BMP, GeoTIFF, TIF) – import heightmaps, masks (terrain, textures, objects, roads, rivers, seas), heatmaps, splatmaps, colormaps, XML files for your objects
- Realtime AAA water and rivers
- VR support
You can find more details on the tool here.