Check out 5 job openings for 3D environment, VR, and lighting artists in such game studios as Skyhook Games, InVrsion, Iron Galaxy Games, Recreate Games, and Bending Time Technologies.
Remote Environment Artist at Skyhook Games Studio
Liverpool-based Skyhook Games Studio is looking for environment artists to work remotely. If you know how to work in stylized and realistic approaches using UE4, 3Ds Max, ZBrush, Marmoset Tool Bag, Substance Designer/Painter, Maya, or Blender, then it will definitely worth checking out the position.
- Creating high detail environment assets and props from concept art
- Working closely with the art team to achieve desired look and quality across all projects
- Work within the production schedule, manage files and meet deadlines
- Sculpt and model high and low polygon assets and texture them through the PBR pipeline
- 2 years + games industry experience. (Less experience may be acceptable with a strong portfolio)
- Understanding of material and shader setup
- Drawing, sculpting, and other traditional art skills are a plus
- Good understanding of game theory and level design
- Experience leading/working with a team of artists and outsource vendors
- A passion for 3D vehicle art also would be beneficial but is not critical
Technical Artist at Iron Galaxy Studios
Join the Iron Galaxy Studios team to work on stylized projects as a technical artist. This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL.
- Design and develop (with Python, MEL, etc.) tools to automate processes.
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines and tools.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Improve the workflow for all art disciplines, in particular lighting and environment art.
- Integration of art content into the game engine.
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in MEL/Python
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4/ or Unity
- Knowledge of engine rendering and lighting
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software.
- Solid understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.
VR Lighting Artist at InVRsion
Milan-based VR company is looking for a talented VR lighting artist who’s working in a realistic style. The artist will join the 3D art team to work on assets for e-commerce and VR projects.
The lighting artist is responsible for all visual looks in our scenes and deliveries, from textures to final lighting and color correction. The ideal candidate will:
- Work closely with the Art Director and Lighting Supervisor to help deliver the in-game lighting vision
- Carry lighting of environment spaces through from pre-production to final polish
- Capably troubleshoot and solve lighting production issues
- Create and improve materials, shaders, and overall visual results of a scene/delivery
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and continually learning new software packages
Technical Environment Artist For Virtual Earth at Bending Time Technologies
Get a chance to become a part of the Bending Time Technologies team as a technical environment artist for the Virtual Earth project.
- terrain shading without tiling artifacts
- terrain refinement
Senior 3D Artist at Recreate Games
Recreate Games in China is looking for a senior 3D artist to join their team. The studio is working on the next generation of immersive entertainment products.
- Strong aesthetic sense
- Deep understanding of lighting and material
- Highly skilled one of 3ds Max, Maya, or Blender.
- Can independently finish environment model creation, UV edit, material creation, texture baking
- Familiar with Unity or Unreal Engine
- Strong debug ability and learning ability
- Can fill in the gaps within the concept art and produce assets that are true to the concept
- Experience with a complete console game development process
- Experience with shader production
To see more 3D art vacancies in these game studios, check out our Job page, and don't forget to join our RFP artist community to apply.