Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind-inspired game is almost there.
Stray Fawn Studio has announced that The Wandering Village is going to be released into Steam Early Access on September 14 for PC, Mac and Linux.
Inspired by Hayao Miyazaki’s Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, The Wandering Village is a city-builder where you take care of survivors settled on the back of a giant roaming creature known as Onbu. It combines city-building and resource management with rogue-like and survival elements, you will need to forge a close relationship with the giant creature to endure the dangerous, post-apocalyptic world.
- Build a unique village on the back of a giant creature known as Onbu
- Farm various crops to feed your villagers
- Send out foraging missions to gather rare resources
- Survive a variety of different biomes and events
- Build a relationship with a giant beast and influence its actions
- Research and construct a variety of different buildings
- Ecology/Biology inspired gameplay
- Unique art style with a blend of 3D and hand-drawn, hand-animated 2D graphics
The game was successfully backed on Kickstarter and after three years of development, has climbed into the top 30 most wishlisted games on Steam. The Wandering Village will also make its way to Xbox Game Preview in 2023.
To learn how the game was made, read our interview with the developers.