Well that's a lot of hats !
So why not finish the project but making it super generic? Strip all star wars terms out. Then when the game is finished, allow for modders to make a conversion mod that will reinsert the star wars material? That way he can finish it and we all can get what we want and no one has to give up on their dreams.
When are you guys going to make God of War 5?
Check out a Dynamic Ledge Climb System that features a solid climbing locomotion system which could be useful for your next game. It brings the ability to grab and hang on to ledges, move along the ledge while hanging and to jump off the ledge in any direction. Turning around corners is said to be completely dynamic and will work smoothly on any angled turn. The included animation clips do not use root motion.
- Ledge Grabbing, Climbing
- Reach out in mid-air
- Camera Relative control input while moving on Ledge
- Completely dynamic and customizable Ledge jump system (Left/Right/Up/Back)
- Drop down and grab Ledge
- Wall Sliding, Wall Jumping
- Advanced IK System
- Wall Running
- Climb Ladders and Vines
- Vaulting over/up objects
- Moving Platform support
- Custom Character Locomotion
- Network Replication
- Space – Jump (Jump towards ledges to automatically grab them)
- Ctrl – Release ledge
- Hold Ctrl while running off a ledge to drop down and grab it.
- Hold Down while hanging to Jump away from the wall
- Press Space to Jump up to a higher ledge when you see the character looking up
Number of Blueprints: 1 Character Blueprint, 1 Animation Blueprint, 1 Blueprint Interface, 1 Blueprint Actor
Number of Animations: 22 Additional custom animations
Input: Gamepad, Keyboard, Mouse
Network Replicated: No (Coming Soon)
Supported Development Platforms: Tested Windows, should work on any platform
Supported Target Build Platforms: Tested on Windows