Trying to steal Vray's thunder.
I'm gonna wait for Steam version
MARI is one of the best known 3D-tools uses in movie special effects industry. It’s a great solution for painting great textures. It is so great actually, that it even has an Academy Award. No wonder a lot of people would love to use it. Now you can actually do this with no monetary investment whatsoever. You can use it for your personal projects, and experiments, there’s no watermarks.
There are some licensing restrictions you should know about:
- Export texture resolution size is limited to 4K and 16-bit color per channel.
- Export formats are limited to .psd, .png, .tga, .jpg and .jpeg.
- Python scripting is disabled.
- There is a limit of six UV texture patches per object, but unlimited channels and layers.
- You can work with a maximum of five objects at once.
It’s definitely not for big-budget productions, but if you want to check it out – it’s a perfect way to learn a bit more about this software. Here are some examples of things people can do with MARI (click on the image to read about the full production).