- Software. Find out what software works best for pixel art, including professional tools. The list of software includes free tools, too, so don't miss it out!
- How to choose the palette of the sprite, which one is best to begin with, how many colors will work best for you - Dereck gathered together all advice regarding the colors.
- Jaggies are a key element of pixel art. During this step, you will find out the basic types of it, and how they are created.
- Forum and Volume can be quite essential even in pixel art. Check out how to work with it!
- Outlining workflow. Learn how to avoid harsh segmentation and to make your art look nice and stylized.
- Learn the dithering technique to create smooth color gradient.
- One last look. Know when you have to stop tweaking some spots and leave it as it is.
You can check the tutorial here.