Have a look at Tropism for Modo – a fully procedural tree/vine/vein generator plugin built on custom Mesh Operators.
Have a look at Tropism for Modo – a fully procedural tree/vine/vein generator plugin built on custom Mesh Operators. The tool lets users generate trees and other types of foliage, plus a number of branching structures.
The developer states that it is based on the Space Colonization Algorithm (non-exclusive permission) by Adam Runions.
- Grow entities like trees, shrubs, plants, twigs, hedges, veins, vines, lightning bolts in real time
- Grow inside mesh boundaries, on mesh surfaces, along curves, in particle systems…
- Paint particles on mesh surfaces and see vines grow in real time where you paint
- Define the location of the growth using one or more locators (roots)
- With several roots, all entities will compete for space without branch collisions
- Use mesh volumes, deformers, effectors to shape, deform and animate the growth
- High/Low-poly generation controls
- Mesh UV-mapping automatically generated
- Control the growth using curve guides
- Twig/Leaf system controls
- Create custom billboards and scatter leaves using Modo Replicators
- Multiple animation controls for growth
- Sketch or create random twigs and bake to textures
- And much more…. visit the forum
You can learn more and get the tool for €50.00 here.