I really like how you've articulated your entire process. This was a very enriching read. A Well deserved feature!
Great article! Thanks for the awesome read.
Wow, this is so cool! Nice job!
Beffio has recently launched a very interesting content pack for Unity 5, which will help you to build the space game of your dreams.
Space Journey is a pretty big content pack, which includes a vast variety of various assets, which could be directly used in your games. Each item is carefully modeled and textured. Plus there’s some really handy plugins inside.
Here’s what you can find inside the pack:
- 5 spaceships – with advanced spaceship controller plugin, engine plasma plugin, custom crosshair plugin & space ship sparks/dust following script
- 22 Unique Animated Planets – with custom made animations including moons & asteroid particles
- 23 Unique Sci-Fi Models – perfect for large-scale background objects, breathtaking structures that will make your scene feel alive.
- 16 asteroid meshes & 9 asteroid volumes – with custom-made shapes (volumes) for animating unique flow of asteroids
- 5 unique plugins – including glitch post process effect, Custom Crosshair Script, custom spacebox shader, color suite post-process effect
- 8 custom made light flares, light shafts & more effects.
This is not all. The authors were kind enough to add 20 example scenes, divided into three sections. They imply that the content could be used to create cutscenes as well, not just games. All the elements are optimized to be used directly in the game. In the upcoming revisions, the developers also plan to add the models of enemies as well.