Hendrik Schoenmaker has finally released
TexTools for Blender. UV and texturing parts can be difficult to deal with, so this free tool will help you save a ton of time.
Here is a nice overview from the developer:
• Set UV/texture/baking size & padding
• Crop selection to UV bounds
• Resize or extend UV canvas
• swap and change UV channels
UV Layout tools
• Align Verts / Islands
• Align Island to edge
• Rotate 90 degree to bounds
• Align and UV shells by size,
• Iron Faces: unwraps selected faces to UV Island
• Select similar UV islands
• Select overlapping UV islands
• Select Island Bounds in 3D view
Texel Density tools
• Assign checker maps with non square, square in any sizes
• Get texel density from objects or selected mesh faces
• Set texel density to selected objects or selected mesh faces
• Scale texel density by individual UV islands or as a combined group
• Bake: Select object and press bake: That easy!
• Anti Aliasing for all bake types
• Bake to single texture or multiple
• 6 bake types: AO, ID map, normal, cavity, worn, gradient Z. And more to come.
• Automatically group objects by matching names.
• Supports lowpoly, highpoly to lowpoly, with or without cage and or floating objects
• Explode: Explode bake pairs
• Organize: Auto match bake object names by location and bounding box matching
You can find documentation and get the tool