Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
VUE without competition
Can you please give us a walkthrough how to implement this into Maya? would be super helpful. Thanks a lot.
TexTools for Blender
26 January, 2018
Hendrik Schoenmaker has finally released TexTools for Blender. UV and texturing parts can be difficult to deal with, so this free tool will help you save a ton of time.
Here is a nice overview from the developer:
• swap and change UV channels
UV Layout tools
• Align Verts / Islands
• Align Island to edge
• Rotate 90 degree to bounds
• Align and UV shells by size,
• Select similar UV islands
• Select overlapping UV islands
• Select Island Bounds in 3D view
Texel Density tools
• Assign checker maps with non square, square in any sizes
• Get texel density from objects or selected mesh faces
• Set texel density to selected objects or selected mesh faces
• Scale texel density by individual UV islands or as a combined group
• Bake: Select object and press bake: That easy!
• Bake to single texture or multiple
• Automatically group objects by matching names.
• Supports lowpoly, highpoly to lowpoly, with or without cage and or floating objects
• Organize: Auto match bake object names by location and bounding box matching
You can find documentation and get the tool here.