Quixel released a step-by-step tutorial on how to texture Megascans assets using Mixer.
Josh Powers, a Senior Artist at Epic Games, will show how to work on the texture of Megascans assets in Mixer using only one smart material. The tutorial follows the process step by step and demonstrate:
- how to work with a base surface layer and adjust its basic settings, such as cool, noise, and projections
- how to change the surface texture with a 3D surface asset from Megascans library and Josh’s approach to it
- various maps, components, and modifier workflow
- the approach to color splashes and other features of a worn-out look
- creating a moss by using a plaster material with albedo and blend settings
Quixel Mixer is a texturing tool that simplifies the 3D texturing process and allows creating your own materials. The tool is quite easy to learn and free to use.
Get Mixer on the Quixel website.
Check out the Quixel's YouTube channel for more videos.