Very interesting post, thanks for sharing! Next step would be to procedurally create the indoors! I understand your point about a semi-procedural approach. I often fall into the go-full-procedural vortex and can't get things done. :D Anyway, one question I don't quite get why "fill the interior" on the vdb node has to be checked?
it is really frustrating that half the article was posted and i cannot view the end of this article, every possible link on the page refers to the same url and that url is password protected. creation of a gametextures account will not get you access to the end of this page so don't hand them paypal info like I did just go blunder off through a youtube tutorial rather than this good-old-boy referral page
Great read, thanks for the effort.
The Shelling System is a UE4 project by Alessa Baker that might make Level Designers’ lives easier. The pack features a fully customizable measuring system, a quick, single select for rescaling objects and 27 types of objects to choose from.
UPD: Alessa Baker is awesome! First 10 people to use 80lvl as a code get %10 off.
- White Box Mode – Quickly hide all measurements, and assign a gray material, with one checkbox.
- Measurements in Millimeters, Centimeters, or Meters.
- Position measurements at corners or the center,
- Scale, font color, and grid color.
- Choose which face to display Measurements,
- Bounding Box, to get a better idea of mesh positioning.
- World-space Grid Material.
Here is an example to get a better idea of the toolkit’s possibilities:
Author: Artyom Sergeev