Check out 4 packs from Unity Asset Store with tools for creating various ropes, chains, and telephone wires.
1. Wrapping Rope
A great tool for static ropes from Denis Kirillov. Wrapping Rope goes with no realistic physics, but allows easily create a long rope bending over objects.
- Works in the editor
- Profile customizing
- Fore texturing modes
- The body of rope could be rendered as finite segments or procedural mesh
- Elastic and swinging physics
2. Curved Lines System
Create curved lines with a generator from Indie Marc. Curved lines can be created from a defined list of points, and a smooth line can be created with just a few control points. There are three types of lines: 2D line, 3D mesh, chain.
- Converts user-defined control points into a curve
- Generates a mesh following that curve
- Add Materials and Textures
- Optimization parameters
- Lightweight code (only 3 scripts)
- Compatible with Unity Animations
- Compatible with Unity Physics
- Documentation & Support available
3. Obi Rope
Obi Rope system from Virtual Method helps quickly create ropes and set your own parameters of their shape and behavior. The system also uses oriented-particle technology which allows users to create twisting and torsion effects and makes the production more stable by using XPBD particles.
- Non-linear, non-destructive rope editing using splines - get instant feedback on how your rope looks while editing it
- Procedural smooth mesh generation using splines, complete with tangent space updating and normal map support; no need to manually generate geometry for your ropes
- Adaptive curvature-based realtime mesh decimation: straight sections of a rope can generate simpler geometry than curved ones
- Change rope length at runtime
- Tearable/cuttable rope
- Closed loops
- Two-way rigid body interaction and more
4. Wire Builder
Finally, a wire-building tool from Staggart Creations which allows you to easily create suspended electricity and telephone wires. You can add the connectors to GameObjects and create multiple connected wires.
- Preset-based wire type settings
- Per-wire adjustable sagging
- Adjustable wire resolution per meter
- LineRenderer or MeshRenderer wire generation
- Animated wire shader (Standard/URP)
- Compatible with the 2D scene view
- Vegetation Studio tree and object removal underneath wires