The new version brings modernization and better performance of the software.
Autodesk has released 3ds Max 2021.2. The release includes updates focused on providing better performance and bringing modernization into the creators’ workflow.
- It’s way easier now to change the model with smart extrusions and insets.
- Explicit normals have been added across multiple modifiers
- The selection methods are even smoother and more flexible now
- Chamfer improvements are added
- With the second version, weighted normals and push modifiers are multi-threaded
- The realistic random pattern is possible now with bitmap random tiling OSL
- The UI performance of material editor is updated
- For fluid simulation, fluids loader works with particle system
To learn more details on the improvements, check the full list on the Autodesk website.