An absolutely great read, thank you for this. Really lays a foundation on how to go about the learning process.
Hi Matthew and Mr VFX, I’m currently researching this topic of decomposing images into shading and reflectance layers. I would love to learn about what you are trying to use this for to learn more about applications for this technology.
Hi George, I'm currently researching this topic of decomposing images into shading and reflectance layers. Would love to learn about what you are trying to use this for to learn more about applications for this technology.
Cem Tezcan has recently presented a cool little goodie that will let you generate all kinds of bed textures inside Substance Designer. You just quickly set up a couple of parameters and get a unique texture – it’s as easy as that.
This Substance Designer file creates various Bed textures by changing parameter values like stitch types, detailed weaving, textile patterns, wrinkle strength etc.
- Source SBS files (created with Substance Designer 2018.1.0)
- SBSAR files for using the generator on Substance Painter and other software solutions that support substance files. Or to export static texture maps from substance player.
- Sample Bed Model (in low and medium poly). A medium poly version can be used for mesh displacement by the height map.
- Marmoset Viewer file (v3.03) to variate textures on bed model. Please check this video:
- Reference textile pattern images (floral, garland and paw)
You can learn more about the file here.