hi!! Extremely intriguing exchange happy that I ran over such useful post. Keep doing awesome. Happy to be a piece of your net group.igloo counter top ice maker
Wow, the YouTube video was released in November. How have I never seen it before? I've probably watched it three times in the past hour. It's an absolutely amazing production. What was the budget for this?
Flux 2.0, a free update for all users of a modeling toolset for Houdini 16.0, is coming. Alexey Vanzhula is teasing fans of the tool with videos featuring previews of upcoming features.
Here is glimpse at v2.0:
“What is Flux,” you may ask. It is a toolkit that drastically improves modeling with Booleans in Houdini.
The project features:
- Procedural hard surface modeling with soft blended boolean operations
- Retopology toolset widget
- Boolean operations: Union, Subtract, Intersection, Contour
- Smooth beveling with flatness factor and variable radius
- Vertex normals with relax feature
- Interactive creation and setup
- Special primitive type node that creates quadric geometry. It is a building blocks for flux blend operations. Has mirror and deformation built-in functionality. Can also be used to add thickness to polygon curves. This allows to use curves in flux operaions
- Retopolgy tools widget. Allows using any modeling tool with TopoBuild SOP
- Additional simple tools: Quick Copy, VDB Remesh, Bake Geometry
Previous versions in action:
- All documentation is in the parameters tooltips. They are described in great detail. Just move mouse to parameters and read what they do
- All the tools you can find in ‘Modeler’ tab menu
- Maya and other DCC applications is not supported. You can play with it on your own risk. But best way is using Houdini and export geometry to your DCC. All the benefits of interactivity is only inside Houdini