Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
Flux 2.0, a free update for all users of a modeling toolset for Houdini 16.0, is coming. Alexey Vanzhula is teasing fans of the tool with videos featuring previews of upcoming features.
Here is glimpse at v2.0:
“What is Flux,” you may ask. It is a toolkit that drastically improves modeling with Booleans in Houdini.
The project features:
- Procedural hard surface modeling with soft blended boolean operations
- Retopology toolset widget
- Boolean operations: Union, Subtract, Intersection, Contour
- Smooth beveling with flatness factor and variable radius
- Vertex normals with relax feature
- Interactive creation and setup
- Special primitive type node that creates quadric geometry. It is a building blocks for flux blend operations. Has mirror and deformation built-in functionality. Can also be used to add thickness to polygon curves. This allows to use curves in flux operaions
- Retopolgy tools widget. Allows using any modeling tool with TopoBuild SOP
- Additional simple tools: Quick Copy, VDB Remesh, Bake Geometry
Previous versions in action:
- All documentation is in the parameters tooltips. They are described in great detail. Just move mouse to parameters and read what they do
- All the tools you can find in ‘Modeler’ tab menu
- Maya and other DCC applications is not supported. You can play with it on your own risk. But best way is using Houdini and export geometry to your DCC. All the benefits of interactivity is only inside Houdini