Have a look at a free and easy to use retro adventure game creator that will let you create games for Game Boy.
You can run your games on any compatible emulator, or if you’ve got a flash card, you can play them on your own console.
“No complicated dependencies to install, just a single application with everything you need to get started,” states the description.
The tool is based on simple visual scripting so you don’t need advanced game dev skills. “GB Studio also hides much of the complexity in building GB games so you can concentrate on telling a great story.”
GB Studio features a web-based emulator that even works on mobile. “You can quickly export your games to play in a browser or even upload to Itch.io.”
- Visual game builder with no programming knowledge required.
- Design your graphics in any editor that can output PNG files e.g. Photoshop, Tiled, Aseprite.
- Example project included to get started right away.
- Make top-down 2D JRPG style adventure games.
- Build real GB Rom files which can be played in an emulator or on a device using USB Carts.
- Build an HTML5 playable game that also works on mobile and can be deployed to any web server or uploaded to Itch.io.
- Built for macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Supports both macOS light and dark mode.
- Includes the full tools that were used to build Untitled GB Game, free to play on Itch.io.
You can learn more and start creating here.