A step-by-step guide by Ruslan Nazirov.
Ruslan Nazirov from Kelheor’s Lab allowed us to repost his article on how to use Image Plate Plugin for Unreal Engine 4 to mix videos with scenes.
In this quick tip I will show you how to use new Image Plate Plugin for Unreal Engine 4, which allows you to mix any videos with your scenes in UE4.
Follow these steps:
1. Create UE4 project and activate Image Plate Plugin
2. Capture or find a video, which you will use as a background 3. Convert it to images (for example, to PNG format) 4. Import those images to Unreal Engine 4 project 5. Create image plate file sequence
6. Set your image directory, file format and framerate
7. Create master sequence
8. Select CineCameraActor and add Image Plate
9. Add Image Plate to the shot
10. Add render texture
11. Select images
12. Adjust track
13. Select CineCameraActor, then ImagePlate in it and adjust its position
14. Adjust Camera Aperture to prevent image to being blurry
15. Capture the video