Ruslan Nazirov from Kelheor’s Lab allowed us to repost his article on how to use Image Plate Plugin for Unreal Engine 4 to mix videos with scenes.
In this quick tip I will show you how to use new Image Plate Plugin for Unreal Engine 4, which allows you to mix any videos with your scenes in UE4.
Follow these steps:
1. Create UE4 project and activate Image Plate Plugin
2. Capture or find a video, which you will use as a background
3. Convert it to images (for example, to PNG format)
4. Import those images to Unreal Engine 4 project
5. Create image plate file sequence