Autodesk has announced the release of Mudbox 2019.
Autodesk has announced the release of Mudbox 2019. Dynamic Tessellation, combining and selecting meshes, updates to the patch tool, and more. Let’s check the update.
- A new Preserve Volume option has been added the smooth tool to prevent excessive mesh degradation, especially when working with dynamic tesselation.
- Several improvements to Dynamic Tesselation, including support UVs, Selection Sets, Joint Weights, and Falloff Type.
- The ability to merge multiple meshes into a single object.
- The ability to separate merged meshes back to separate meshes.
- A new stamp offset parameter to fine tune the depth of a stamps imprint on a model.
- A new Delete UVs feature.
- The patch tool has been updated to allow the user to remove parts of a mesh without needing a hole or border faces in the tessellated mesh.
- Improved support for HiDPI monitors.
Please note that Mudbox is rental only at $10 per month or $80 a year. You can learn more here.