I love it !
Wow this is really extensive! Thanks for sharing, I just started with tiltbrush and Masterpiece Vr using a mixed reality kit
after reading this incredible article, im still left with the question..."but, HOW?!"
Studio D76 has revealed NeatScatter, a new scattering plugin for 3DS Max that is described to be the first tool on the market that can scatter instances without them ever overlapping. The team states that the plugin uses a sphere, an automatically-calculated convex hull, or a custom collision mesh to distribute objects managing to prevent them intersecting.
NeatScatter is also said to bring a layer-based approach to managing multiple scatters on the area that can interact with one another. Groups here share the same surface but have their own distribution settings and scatter items. The distribution for each group is said to be calculated in sequence.
- NON-OVERLAPPING. Instances do not overlap with each other.
- ONE GENERATION AT A TIME. Split your work into smaller pieces – instance objects in multiple generations.
- COMPLETE CONTROL. Use UV mapped black and white textures to control size and distance for each generation.
- EDIT RESULT BY HAND. Remove the unwanted using simple editing tools and fill the space in a different way afterward.
- PRESET LOADING/SAVING. Save your favorite settings as preset. Next time you choose your target, choose your preset, hit generate button and you are all set.
- SCATTER ANYTHING. Use any object from the library or from your scene by layers or selections. Adjust the probability of occurrence for each of them.
- MODEL APPROXIMATION. Choose between a faster circle or better convex hull approximation. Choose single-core to get the best possible fit or multi-core to get it done in seconds.
- SUPPORTED RENDER ENGINES. Natively supported render engines: VRay and more to come. Apart from that, you can convert to mesh or real instances and then use any render engine you want.
NeatScatter will cost you €119.00 for a perpetual license valid for 2 activations and a 33% launch discount is currently available. You can also try a fully featured 15-day trial. You can get more details here.