there is no need to create a vdb, but it works yes
Super taf! ;)
Ted Bundy's car? :D
OTOY and Epic Games announced the official release of OctaneRender for Unreal Engine 4, providing the ability to create cinematic immersive experiences in a wide range of applications from gaming and visual effects to architecture and real-time previsualization.
OctaneRender for Unreal Engine is said to complement UE4 ray tracing, making unbiased production path-tracing for final frame rendering available to users natively in Unreal Engine for the first time.
The tool gives the ability to import, export and mix and match ORBX interchange assets from over 2 dozen Octane DCC integrations.
OctaneRender for Unreal Engine Features:
- OctaneRender fully integrated into Unreal Engine 4’s node editor with intuitive scene navigation and easily accessible render passes within UE4
- Rapid automatic conversion of Unreal Engine 4 scenes and materials into Octane and full integration of OctaneRender 2019 features
- AI Light, AI Scene, AI Spectral and Volumetric Denoising, and Out-of-Core Geometry, UDIM Support and Light Linking for production-ready final rendering
- Octane Vectron and Spectron – fully procedural node-based Volumetric Geometry and Lighting for infinite detail and granular lighting control
- Using OTOY’s ORBX scene format, the current integration supports 20+ of the industry’s leading DCC tools
“The release of OctaneRender for Unreal Engine, the world’s leading AAA-game engine, comes at a very exciting time for the industry with the emergence of ray-tracing hardware this year. We now have a pathway to finally bring cinematic and real-time pipelines together for millions of artists,” said CEO and Co-Founder of OTOY Jules Urbach. “In the next few years, we see this integration paving the way for next-generation media production pipelines, where real-time game engines, cinematic path-traced rendering, light field displays, and cloud computing come together to make producing stunning immersive holographic possible for the first time. OTOY and Epic Games have a shared mission to make high-end, Hollywood-grade 3D tools accessible for artists around the world, and we’re excited to see what they can create in Octane for UE4.”
You can get more details here.
Landscape Auto Material by VEA Games is a flexible auto-painting material for Unreal Engine 4 Landscape component. When you are drawing the topology of your landscape, proper material layers are drawn automatically!
All future updates are included and will be available for download as soon as they are released.