there is no need to create a vdb, but it works yes
Super taf! ;)
Ted Bundy's car? :D
Have a look at Open-World NPC optimization component for Unreal Engine that can give you a performance boost.
The component is said to provide a performance boost by optimizing the NPC out of sight of the camera. It is completely autonomous, so you just need to add it to the AI (NPC) class.
There are several limitations, but it’s an astonishing system when it comes to optimizing projects, especially if you have crowded game levels with a number of characters.
- The component automatically recognizes the purpose
- Supports the single mode
- Supports coop mode (Server-Client)
- Supports dedicated servers
- The component works on a timer
- dispatchers and other settings
- The component does not affect the number of materials
- The component does not affect the behavior of your NPC and is compatible with the behavior tree.
You can learn more and get it here.
The goal of the ClearCut courses is to teach you a solid workflow that is used in the AAA game industry. The first episode covers the process of creating an AAA fire hydrant from start to finish.
Any future updates are included and will be available for download in case they are released. Next episodes are not included.