This is amazing! Please tell us, What programs where used to create these amazing animations?
I am continuing development on WorldKit as a solo endeavor now. Progress is a bit slower as I've had to take a more moderate approach to development hours. I took a short break following the failure of the commercial launch, and now I have started up again, but I've gone from 90 hour work weeks to around 40 or 50 hour work weeks. See my longer reply on the future of WorldKit here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAYgW5JfCQw&lc=UgxtXVCCULAyzrzAwvp4AaABAg.8swLeUjv7Fb8swt1875FAT I am hard at work with research and code, and am not quite ready to start the next fund-raising campaign to open-source, so I've been quiet for a while. I hope to have a video out on the new features in the next few weeks.
Someone please create open source world creator already in C/C++.
Spline Dynamics (Hernán Rodenstein) has released SubSpline which is a new 3ds Max script for managing sub-object selections and material IDs for spline curves. It lets users easily expose on screen the vertex numbers and material IDs for all selected shapes, with a simple toggle button.
It gives access to tools for spline subobject selection that complement and extend 3dsMax’s standard tools: shrink/grow selection, offset selection, dot selection, random selection, and more.
What you can do here is “accurately manage and control the material IDs assignment for your spline curves and their segments: quick buttons, predefined patterns, offset IDs, randomize IDs, etc. This is really helpful to control materials in spline modeling, hair plugins or procedural modeling plugins like RailClone (iToo Software).”
- Display spline material IDs & vertex numbers on screen.
- Toggle spline subobjects edition (vertex, segment, spline) directly from script’s UI.
- Convert subobject selection to a different kind by holding CTRL+button (like in Editable Poly)
- Advanced subobject selection tools (editable splines):
– Shrink / Grow selection
– Offset selection along spline
– Random selection
– Dot selection
– Select by angle
– Select by material ID: single ID or range / similar IDs / random ID
- In-depth edition of Material IDs (editable splines):
– Quick ID setting: 24 numbered buttons panel/spinner control
– Apply predefined ID patterns (sequences) to subobject selection or whole splines
– Offset material IDs along spline/s
– Reverse material IDs
– Randomize material IDs (use existing / set range)
- Additional tools:
– Reverse spline/s, preserving material IDs
– Flatten selected shapes or specific vertices
– Select shapes with same material IDs.
- Custom ‘Undo last action’ command.
- Revert to original material IDs.
- No plugin-dependency. Simple drag & drop installation.
You can get more details here.