Spline Dynamics (Hernán Rodenstein) has released SubSpline which is a new 3ds Max script for managing sub-object selections and material IDs for spline curves.
It gives access to tools for spline subobject selection that complement and extend 3dsMax’s standard tools: shrink/grow selection, offset selection, dot selection, random selection, and more.
What you can do here is “accurately manage and control the material IDs assignment for your spline curves and their segments: quick buttons, predefined patterns, offset IDs, randomize IDs, etc. This is really helpful to control materials in spline modeling, hair plugins or procedural modeling plugins like RailClone (iToo Software).”
- Display spline material IDs & vertex numbers on screen.
- Toggle spline subobjects edition (vertex, segment, spline) directly from script’s UI.
- Convert subobject selection to a different kind by holding CTRL+button (like in Editable Poly)
- Advanced subobject selection tools (editable splines):
– Shrink / Grow selection
– Offset selection along spline
– Random selection
– Dot selection
– Select by angle
– Select by material ID: single ID or range / similar IDs / random ID
- In-depth edition of Material IDs (editable splines):
– Quick ID setting: 24 numbered buttons panel/spinner control
– Apply predefined ID patterns (sequences) to subobject selection or whole splines
– Offset material IDs along spline/s
– Reverse material IDs
– Randomize material IDs (use existing / set range)
- Additional tools:
– Reverse spline/s, preserving material IDs
– Flatten selected shapes or specific vertices
– Select shapes with same material IDs.
- Custom ‘Undo last action’ command.
- Revert to original material IDs.
- No plugin-dependency. Simple drag & drop installation.
You can get more details here.