To be honest? What was Star Wars? George Lucas!!! It was cool back then in the 70 ties! Nothing ever before was like it..and it had character! 2 little shiny robots that behaved like humans! The n th sequal of something that was major in the past...! My advice? Start something new dont copy Star Wars...and give it some heart again! Put the industry to shame!!!😉 my 2 cents..
Well that's a lot of hats !
So why not finish the project but making it super generic? Strip all star wars terms out. Then when the game is finished, allow for modders to make a conversion mod that will reinsert the star wars material? That way he can finish it and we all can get what we want and no one has to give up on their dreams.
Train and Rail System is a set of tools from Polygon Jelly meant for building complex or simple train tracks in minutes that can be customized for any setup, look or feel. Tracks are spline based, allowing you to setup complex meshes quickly. The pack also features the terrain train track for quickly building tracks across uneven terrain.
The mine cart comes with a custom jump trigger that uses built-in events to extend the base carriage, allowing the mine cart to jump, rotate and scale into the air for comic effect. Each carriage can detect obstacles on the track and respond accordingly, some can stop and wait for it to move, others can ignore it and keep on going. End of track options give you the ability to define how the train or carriage responds to the end of the track; stop, reverse direction, derail, .., or add your own custom response.
- Tracks can be joined together to form complex or simple track layouts
- Mesh building for spline can be disabled (replace with static mesh)
- Up direction can be set to create handing or twisted track
- Notifies any carriage / train attached to track about editing so it can update.
- Blueprints: 9 (+6 Demo blueprints)
- Maps: 8 Example maps, 1 overview
- Models: 19 (6 Train, 2 mine cart, 2 coaster, 3 tracks & 6 demo models)
- Number of Materials: 14
- Do Materials derive from a Master Material with instances as variation: Yes
- Number of Textures: 15 (4k for train, 1-2k for demo models)
- All blueprints commented and with helper comments on where to extend sections
- Documentation provided for all major blueprints including detailed descriptions of every component, macro, function and variable
- Train Carriage
- Select a track in the world and the carriage (or entire train if parent) will snap to it
- Customize entire look & feel for custom carriages
- Highly configurable engine / physics: friction, gravity, mass, acceleration, deceleration as well as max speed, min speed
- Collision filtering, E.g. ignore the player pawn
- Customize the derail force, higher = more interesting crashes
- Timed collision ignore list for each carriage
- Parent carriages pass their settings down to the child (can be disabled)
- Ability to specify how far apart child and parent carriages should be
- Distance checks can be enabled and the child can disconnect from the parent if the distance is too great
- By default all carriages come with the Lean Effect and the Roll Effect (the mine cart has a custom jump effect)
- Lean Effect, ability for the carriage to lean on or out of a bend, creating a cartoon lean effect
- Roll effect is used to derail a carriage if it goes around a bend that’s too sharp.
- Events for post update to carriage as well as enter and leave each section of track
- My original feature list is too long, check out the public documentation for more details and features.