Thank you Richard. If I find some more ways to improvise for optimization, then I'll tell you definitely
would love to see the substance graph.
The visual shader system will be great for modular asset pack makers. You see some incredibly high quality modular asset packs on the Unreal store, whilst the ones for Unity are so-so, which I think is down to the ease of creating shaders on Unreal vs Unity. Alternatively you have to make your shaders in something like Uber Shader system which immediately splits your customer base.
James Stone has recently released a highly modifiable and easy to use weather system that will let you easily set up rain, snow, hail, lightning, sound effects, and onscreen post process.
The pack features tons of parameters to change for a desired weather style result: rain with wet ground features, snow with snow buildup on ground, hail that physically bounces and breaks upon impact, sheet and bolt lightning, clouds and onscreen post process effects like rain dripping and ice.
- Changing the particle densities to max may cause lag.
- Enable Runtime Edit bool for editing effects and ground effects ingame. (see runtime edit preview map)
- Sheet & Bolt Lightning
- Onscreen Post Process (Ice, Rain drops)
- Impact effects
- Master ground effects material function
- All properties modifiable within the Blueprint provided (see tutorial video)
Number of Blueprints: 1
Supported Development Platforms: Windows