We should talk more about this, all of us... I work multiple jobs in gaming and entertainment in general so I burn out once or twice a year and I need months to recover. Screw that.
That's really neat tool to have,leads me to dig dipper into pixel proccesor. Great job
@alex if i had to guess, they just finished two back-to-back AAA games in the same franchise and some people are seeing it as a good time to transition without burning bridges? aka business as usual?
Take a look at a new story driven exploration game experienced through first-person gameplay developed by Donald Macdonald and his team. The title is called Niten and it is being built with the Unreal Engine 4. The story is built around uncovering the the history of the island and it’s previous inhabitants; a Samurai master and his orphan-child student.
In search of the past and the present find yourself lost on a remote island off the coast of Japan. Uncover the mystery where ancient Japanese culture meets breathtaking scenery, blossoming cherry trees and a sky that tells a story in its self. Watch the weather turn and see the sun go down, feel the chill of the morning mist and let the glowing fireflies guide you as you search to uncover the truth of the island.
- INTERACTIVE EXPLORATION SIMULATOR: Influenced by titles such as “Dear Esther”, Niten is a story driven exploration game experienced through first-person gameplay. Uncover the the history of the island and it’s previous inhabitants; a Samurai master and his orphan-child student.
- UNLOCK A GRAPHIC NOVEL: The story is told entirely through audio however at the end of each playthrough you will be able to download the story fragments you’ve uncovered as pages of a fully illustrated graphic novel.
- CUSTOMISE YOUR ZEN GARDEN: Take a break from exploring the island to explore your inner zen-master as you cultivate your lodge and garden with alternative decor, foliage, and unique collectible items.
- ORIGINAL VOICE ACTING & SOUNDTRACK: With professional voice-acting and an original, studio-engineered score, Niten provides a fully immersive audio experience in addition to it’s polished visuals.
- A RELAXING FREE-ROAM EXPERIENCE: Niten is designed to provide an atmospheric and tranquil experience for the player and you will be free to roam the island in any way you desire as you discover its secrets.
- UNIQUE AND BEAUTIFUL ENVIRONMENTS: Built using Unreal Engine 4 and with assets created using Speedtree, Niten presents a beautiful, lush landscape. Dynamic weather and lighting make each playthrough unique and immersive.
The game currently planned exclusively for PC. We are looking forward to hearing more from the developers. Share your thoughts on the upcoming title in the comments below.