The Unreal team has announced a new set of free packs on their Marketplace for this March.
The Unreal team has announced a new set of free packs on their Marketplace for this March. First, let’s look at a pack of 56 unique seamless 4K Fabric Materials by Ronan Mahon derived from scan data and optimized for UE4. You can use these realistic PBR Fabric materials for games or architectural visualization. The pack comes with a flexible Master Material and it perfect for both environments and characters alike with a ton of easy-to-use parameters.
The pack is said to include materials in the following categories: Canvas, Corduroy, Cotton, Denim, Felt, Flannel, Fleece, Fur, Jersey, Lace, Leather, Linen, Shagpile, Synthetic, Terry Cloth, Velvet and Wool.
The set also includes 4 Showcase Maps with 11 different Fabric static meshes.
- 1 core Fabric Master Material with optional tessellation variant
- 56 unique Fabric Materials – each with 15 child Material Instances for a total of nearly 900 Material Instances
- 505 unique 4096×4096 Textures
- Material Function variants for the entire library – for easy layer blending!
All of the Fabrics support the following:
- UV manipulation
- Base Color colorization and Gradient Mapping
- Fuzzy Shading
- Normal and Roughness
- Specular Level fine tuning
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- Subsurface Scattering control
- Ambient Occlusion
- Opacity and Masked Transparency with Dithered Temporal AA
- Tessellation and Vertex Displacement