ce Cool is an advanced master material for Unreal that will help you create multiple types of ice like ground ice, ice cubes, icebergs, crystals, and icicles.
Ice Cool is an advanced master material for Unreal that will help you create multiple types of ice like ground ice, ice cubes, icebergs, crystals, and icicles. Free of charge in September!
It can be a nice solution if you’re working with level storytelling on cold arctic maps. Please note that it is designed and optimized for Mobile, Virtual Reality, and stylized PC/Console games.
It has a number of customization options with over 200 parameters to make it look great. It also features over 50 switches.
- Uses NEW FAST cracks rendering method. Implementation of a new cheap iterative technique of parallax for rendering deep cracks based on Signed Distance Field Textures.
- Supports multiple types of refraction. Supported cube map with box projection mapping/screen color/ build in refraction pin.
- Advanced translucency options. Translucency supports depth fading fog for a better quality of covering the objects inside the ice.
- Subsurface scattering and custom lighting. Useful for more advanced user to better fit the ice into the scene.
- Extended reflection mode. System supports pre-rendered cube map reflections mapped on meshes using box projection/spherical mapping.
- Icy vertex offset coating. Material supports configurable animated vertex displacement.
- Masked dithering. Use translucent material only where you need and dither the opaque material around the translucent regions.
- Animated dust map with refraction noise makes the material look even deeper and real.
- Efficient and GPU friendly. Uses between 90-210 instructions depending on the number of features enabled can be used in VR and even mobile.
You can learn more and get the pack here.